Friday, June 12, 2009

Social Media Maven

I am the opposite of a ludite. I embrace all new social technologies, well not all (Myspace go away). I am quick to learn the newest social networks and use them to their potential. What is fascinating is how social media is the newest marketing phenomenon. It makes sense that the new channels for communication are being scoped and used for profit. But what's really interesting is that big companies are turning to younger people to be their social marketing gurus. So, the fact that I am a glutton for Facebook and Twitter updates makes me a hot commodity. I know what is appealing in the social sphere, I know how to work the social sphere, and I am thus an asset.

who knew.

1 comment:

Zach DeVries said...

We should start our own social networking site.
A site that allows people to post pictures or enter text about whatever they eat all day long.

We'll call it "Fooding".

You would be surprised by the number of people who ask me what I ate throughout my day.