Tuesday, November 10, 2009

no secret

It's funny how I have all these mediums where I participate socially. Twitter for work, twitter for personal use, twitter for my makeup business, twitter for my writing. It's exhausting partitioning myself into each channel, but the alternative, is to be wholeheartedly exactly who I am all in one place.... Which doesn't work so well for business, and is pretty boring on the personal front. Like, no one wants to read about my marketing clients on this blog. And no one wants to see me Tweet about Gossip Girl on my business feed.

But what I've realized is that with music (my ultimate passion)...If I had a Twitter account or Facebook page or anything like it for my musical self - I would write anything, and I would feel okay with it. Music is the culmination of all things for me - the mundane to the heart-wrenching. Or, at least that's the goal when I write music. To be authentic.

Let's hope I can continue to write as authentically as possible.

No comments: